Sat, Jun 04|
Masters Competition Auditions (Saturday, June 4th)
Masters Dancers! Register to audition for next season's competition team! This is a great way to build self-esteem, progress and make lasting friendships!
Time & Location
Jun 04, 2022, 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Fort Collins, 5112 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
About the Event
2022/2023 Competition Auditions:
It is that time of year again! We are holding auditions for our 2022/2023 Competition Teams. Competition teams are a fantastic opportunity for dancers to build self-esteem, progress and make friends! Come and join us! Please read ALL the information very carefully!
Masters Levels: Saturday, June 4th (Times TBA)
· Masters Jazz/Lyrical Levels (1-5)
· Masters Clogging Levels (1-10)
· Masters Tap Levels (Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced)
REGISTER ONLINE PRIOR TO THE AUDITION:
Register Online: All dancers who are auditioning for next season need to register online and pay a $10.00 Registration fee to hold their spot (this covers staff and teacher expenses for the auditions). Everyone must “Pre-Register.”
Masters Dancers: Once we receive everyone’s online registrations, an itinerated schedule will be emailed to all dancers regarding your June 4th audition times. You will not receive this itinerated schedule until mid-May, so keep June 4th open!!
COMPETITION MEETING: Friday, August 19th, 6pm
This meeting is mandatory for all competitors. It will lay out all guidelines, rules, and information for our new dancers, as well as allow everyone to sign the needed forms for competition and get all competition information (dates, etc.).
MASTERS COMPETITORS: If you have been on a competition team for multiple years, and have gone through this meeting many times, you may sign your forms and pick up your information ahead of time. We will let you know when everything is ready. However, If you do not come in prior to the meeting you will need to come on the 19th to sign everything.
COMPETITION REQUIRMENTS: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!
The competition requirements vary by age. For our younger dancers, they normally attend two competitions in Denver and meet one additional hour per week. For our older dancers, more competitions may be required and there is higher time commitment. All competition team details will be laid out in our Competition Team Meeting on Friday, August 19th at 6pm.
NEW REQUIRMENT THIS YEAR!!! SUMMER INTENSIVE ATTENDANCE: If you make the competition team for either clogging or jazz/lyrical, you are required to attend the summer intensive for that style (i.e., Jazz/Lyrical teams attend the Masters Ballet & Contemporary Intensive, Clogging teams attend the Masters Clogging & Power Tap Intensives). We are going to be focusing a lot on technique at these intensives and in order to compete you need to attend. Younger teams (like combo and preschool dancers) do not need to attend an intensive!
As a reminder, we do have a “Masters Perks” program that saves dancers hundreds of dollars each year on intensive fees. You can ask Michelle or Matt for more information.
Boot Camps: There will be “boot camps” for each team. Depending upon the age of the group, these are normally 2-4 hour-long rehearsals whose goal is to set as much of the competition choreography on the dancers as possible (so the weekly rehearsals are shorter during the school year). There is a fee associated with each boot camp to cover teacher hours and choreography time.
FEES TO BE AWARE OF:
- Competition Team Annual Fee: $100.00 ($150.00 per family of two or more dancers).
- Costume Fees: Costumes “normally” range between $75-90.00 per costume. The number of costumes needed depends upon the group you are in, and the number of dances you are doing. HCCD will do it’s best to keep these costs down. In some cases, HCCD will also be renting out costumes in order to keep costs as low as possible. Hair pieces and accessories (earrings, lip stick, etc.) will also be required! You will be receiving emails regarding ordering costumes once all the teachers/director have chosen the styles.
- Competition Entry Fees: These fees vary depending upon the competition, dance style and number competing in the routine (i.e. solos and trios are more expensive). Please pay close attention to the registration deadlines. We will be sending email reminders out.
- Team Jackets: All Competition Team members are required to have an HCCD Team Jacket for competition.
- Boot Camp Fees: These vary in cost. The boot camp fees are divided amongst the dancers to cover their coaches rehearsal and choreography time.
- Intensive Fees: Fees vary by intensive. If families need help budgeting these, please chat with the front desk.ave an HCCD Team Jacket for competition.
- Ticket type
Masters' Competition Auditions
This ticket is an "All-Access" Pass into the "Masters' Competition Auditions"Price$10.00