Masters Competition Auditions (Friday, July 23rd)
Time & Location
About the Event
Greetings Dancers! It is that time of year again! We are holding auditions for next season's Competition Teams. Competition teams are a fantastic opportunity for dancers to build self-esteem, progress and make friends! Come and join us!
Below are the audition details:
REGISTER ONLINE PRIOR TO THE AUDITION:
Register Online: All dancers who are auditioning for next season need to register online and pay the $10.00 Registration fee (this covers staff and teacher expenses for the auditions). We are having everyone “Pre-Register” this year.
See below for your registration links:
Audition Dates & Times:
Masters Jazz, Lyrical, Ballet & Clogging Audition: Friday, July 23rd
· Once we receive everyone’s online registrations, an itinerated schedule will be emailed to all dancers regarding their audition times.
· Masters Ballet Soloists (in levels 5 & Up): If you are interested in competing a solo at the Denver Dance competitions, or for those ready, YAGP/Denver Ballet Guild, let us know on your registration form. We will set up a separate audition for you.
COMPETITION MEETING: Friday, August 20th, 6pm
This meeting is mandatory for all competitors. It will lay out all guidelines, rules, and information for our new dancers, as well as allow everyone to sign the needed forms for competition and get all competition information (dates, etc.).
MASTERS COMPETITIORS: If you have been on a competition team for multiple years, and have gone through this meeting many times, you may sign your forms and pick up your information ahead of time. We will let you know when everything is ready. However, If you do not come in prior to the meeting you will need to come on the 20th to sign everything.
The competition requirements vary by age. For our younger dancers, they normally attend two competitions in Denver and meet one additional hour per week. For our older dancers, more competitions may be required and there is higher time commitment. All competition team details will be laid out in our Competition Team Meeting on Friday, August 20th at 6pm.
FEES TO BE AWARE OF:
- Competition Team Annual Fee: $100.00 ($150.00 per family of two or more dancers).
- Costume Fees: Costumes “normally” range between $75-90.00 per costume. The number of costumes needed depends upon the group you are in, and the number of dances you are doing. HCCD will do it’s best to keep these costs down. In some cases, HCCD will also be renting out costumes in order to keep costs as low as possible. Hair pieces and accessories (earrings, lip stick, etc.) will also be required! You will be receiving emails regarding ordering costumes once all the teachers/director have chosen the styles.
- Competition Entry Fees: These fees vary depending upon the competition, dance style and number competing in the routine (i.e. solos and trios are more expensive). Please pay close attention to the registration deadlines. We will be sending email reminders out.
- Team Jackets: All Competition Team members are required to have an HCCD Team Jacket for competition.
- Masters' Competition Auditions$10$100$0