Sat, Aug 12|
Masters Clogging Competition Auditions (Saturday, August 12th)
Masters Dancers! Register to audition for next season's competition team! This is a great way to build self-esteem, progress and make lasting friendships!
Time & Location
Aug 12, 3:00 PM – Aug 13, 4:30 PM
Fort Collins, 5112 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
About the Event
2024 Clogging Competition Auditions:
It is that time of year again! We are holding auditions for our Competition Teams. Come and join us! Please read ALL the information very carefully!
Audition Day: Saturday, August 12th
· 3-3:15pm - Intro & Rising Stars
· 3:15-3:30pm – Clogging 2 & 3 (Nickel & Brass)
· 3:30-3:45pm – Clogging 4&5 (Copper & Bronze)
· 3:45-4:00pm – Clogging 5&6 (Bronze & Steel)
· 4-4:15pm – Clogging 6&Up (Steel & Up)
Audition Material (New this year!): All audition material will be taught at the 2023 Masters’ Clogging & Power Tap Intensive. Dancers will perform a specific dance from the intensive for their audition. Note: If you are planning on auditioning for competition, make sure you register and attend this intensive. In the event that you cannot attend (in order to make it fair to everyone) you will still need to register and *pay for the intensive and the HCCD staff will video the audition routine. Your dancer will be in charge of learning the material off this video and set up a private audition with the HCCD Staff and director. This should be done within the two weeks following the audition.
*Perks Program: Don’t forget that dancers on the HCCD “Perks Program” receive large discounts on intensive registration. If you want to join or learn more about this program, please see an HCCD front desk staff member. Please note that dancers must stay on the program for a year, and if they discontinue the program, must wait a year to re-join.
Also new this year: The audition routine is also a routine that will be competed next season. We thought this would be a wonderful way to get ahead of the game!
For levels two and up, this routine will be taught by our Guest Teacher from North Carolina. In the past, HCCD has brought in a Guest Artist to teach 1-2 routines for competition and the Guest’s choreography fees were divided among the dancers. Because we are doing this “backwards” by having the Guest teacher set the routine prior to the audition, we will not charge this “choreography fee” until we send out the results. If you are placed in this routine for competition, you will be charged this choreography fee (which will be $75.00 per dancer).
All other routines will be choreographed by the HCCD staff so no additional choreography fees will be charged for these team events unless special rehearsals are called.
Why Guest Teachers? HCCD tries in every way to expose our dancers to new techniques and cutting-edge material. That is why we have our upper-level dancers work with a Guest Teacher every year in addition to the HCCD Staff!
REGISTER ONLINE PRIOR TO THE AUDITION:
Register Online: All dancers who are auditioning for next season need to register online and pay a $10.00 Registration fee to hold their spot (this covers staff and teacher expenses for the auditions). Everyone must “Pre-Register.”
COMPETITION MEETING: Friday, September 8th, 6:00pm
This meeting is mandatory for all competitors. It will lay out all guidelines, rules, and information for our dancers as well as competitions and important dates for the year. Dancers and parents will also need to sign specific forms and agreements for competition.
FEES TO BE AWARE OF:
- Competition Team Annual Fee: $100.00 ($150.00 per family of two or more dancers).
- Costume Fees: Costumes “normally” range between $75-90.00 per costume. The number of costumes needed depends upon the group you are in, and the number of dances you are doing. HCCD will do its best to keep these costs down. In some cases, HCCD will also be renting out costumes to keep costs as low as possible. Hair pieces and accessories (earrings, lipstick, etc.) will also be required! You will be receiving emails regarding ordering costumes once all the teachers/director have chosen the styles.
- Competition Entry Fees: These fees vary depending upon the competition, dance style and number competing in the routine (i.e., solos and trios are more expensive). Please pay close attention to the registration deadlines. We will be sending email reminders out.
- Team Jackets: All Competition Team members are required to have an HCCD Team Jacket for the competition. These can be purchased online through our website.
Masters' Competition Auditions
This ticket is an "All-Access" Pass into the "Masters' Competition Auditions"