Sat, Aug 13|
Preschool, Combo & Rising Stars Competition Auditions (Saturday, August 13th)
Preschool, Combo & Rising Stars Dancers! Register to audition for next season's competition team! This is a great way to build self-esteem, progress and make lasting friendships!
Time & Location
Aug 13, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Fort Collins, 5112 S College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525, USA
About the Event
2022/2023 Competition Auditions:
It is that time of year again! We are holding auditions for our 2022/2023 Competition Teams. Competition teams are a fantastic opportunity for dancers to build self-esteem, progress and make friends! Come and join us! Please read ALL the information very carefully!
AUDITION DATES: Rising Stars, Combo & Preschool Levels: Saturday, August 13th
· Preschool: 1-1:20pm
· Combo: 1:30-1:50pm
· Rising Stars Clogging: 2-2:20pm
· Rising Stars Jazz/Lyrical: 2:30-2:50pm
REGISTER ONLINE PRIOR TO THE AUDITION: All dancers who are auditioning for next season need to register online and pay a $10.00 Registration fee to hold their spot (this covers staff and teacher expenses for the auditions). Everyone must “Pre-Register.”
COMPETITION MEETING: Friday, August 19th, 6pm
This meeting is mandatory for all competitors. It will lay out all guidelines, rules, and information for our new dancers, as well as allow everyone to sign the needed forms for competition and get all competition information (dates, etc.).
COMPETITION REQUIRMENTS: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!!!
The competition requirements vary by age. For our younger dancers, they normally attend two competitions in Denver and meet one additional hour per week. For our older dancers, more competitions may be required and there is higher time commitment. All competition team details will be laid out in our Competition Team Meeting on Friday, August 19th at 6pm.
Rehearsals: Competition Rehearsals for this level and age group are normally 1 hour per week (in addition to regular technique classes).
Boot Camps: There will be “boot camps” for each team. Depending upon the age of the group, these are normally 2-4 hour-long rehearsals whose goal is to set as much of the competition choreography on the dancers as possible (so the weekly rehearsals are shorter during the school year). There is a fee associated with each boot camp to cover teacher hours and choreography time.
FEES TO BE AWARE OF:
- Competition Team Annual Fee: $100.00 ($150.00 per family of two or more dancers).
- Costume Fees: Costumes “normally” range between $75-90.00 per costume. The number of costumes needed depends upon the group you are in, and the number of dances you are doing. HCCD will do it’s best to keep these costs down. In some cases, HCCD will also be renting out costumes in order to keep costs as low as possible. Hair pieces and accessories (earrings, lip stick, etc.) will also be required! You will be receiving emails regarding ordering costumes once all the teachers/director have chosen the styles.
- Competition Entry Fees: These fees vary depending upon the competition, dance style and number competing in the routine (i.e. solos and trios are more expensive). Please pay close attention to the registration deadlines. We will be sending email reminders out.
- Team Jackets: All Competition Team members are required to have an HCCD Team Jacket for competition.
- Boot Camp Fees: These vary in cost. The boot camp fees are divided amongst the dancers to cover their coaches rehearsal and choreography time.
Masters' Competition Auditions
This ticket is an "All-Access" Pass into the "Masters' Competition Auditions"